What this policy covers (Updated July 2020)
- What is a Cookie?
- Types of Cookie
- An overview of the Cookies we use and why
- What you can do if you do not consent to cookie use
- Further information about Cookies in general
- A detailed table listing all of the Cookies that we use on our websites
What is a cookie?
In order to make full use of our Website, your computer, tablet or mobile device will need to accept cookies. It is important you know what cookies our Website uses and for what purposes. This will help to protect your privacy while at the same time providing you with the best online experience.
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of this Website, you have the following options:
- you may choose not to accept cookies via the pop-up banner or turn off cook-ies at any time (see below for more details on how to do this), but please be aware that this may affect the functionality of the Website.
- You can stop using this Website.
- You can change your cookie preferences at any time by changing your settings which is further explained below. You will find a list of all cookies within each category (necessary, functional and performance) set out below in this policy.
Please note that disabling the cookies settings on our Website shall not result in the deletion of any cookies that have already been set – however, you can delete these at any time by accessing the browser settings on your device (see below for more details on how to do this).
Types of cookie
We use several different types of cookies.
More specifically, we use: necessary cookies which enable certain fundamental website features; functionality cookies which allow us to remember choices you make (e.g. your cookie preference); and performance cookies which monitor usage of our Website.
Some of the cookies we use are session cookies which are temporary and allow us to link your actions during a single visit to our site, and which are erased when you close your browser. Others are persistent cookies which remain on your device for the pe-riod of time specified in the cookie (see below for details of how long these cookies persist).
Cookies we use and why:
Necessary cookies are essential and help you navigate the Website. These cookies are anonymous, and do not collect or store any personally identifying information about you. Without these cookies, we may not be able to provide the services you have asked for.
These cookies also help to support website security and basic functionality and are necessary for the proper operation of our Website, so if you block these cookies, we can’t guarantee your use or the security of our Website during your visit.
Functionality cookies are used to provide you the best user experience. They also allow the Website to remember choices made (such as language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
Performance cookies help us to understand the behaviour of our visitors and their usage of the Website in an aggregated manner. This allows us to continuously improve the Website to provide the best user experience. These cookies are also used to help us understand how effective our advertising is; for instance, these cookies tell us which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated, to assist us to improve how a website works. Some of these cookies are managed by third parties (see the table below for more details), and you may refer to the third parties’ own website privacy notifications for further information.
We use several different types of cookies. In particular, we use: necessary cookies which enable certain fundamental website features; functionality cookies which allow us to remember choices you make (e.g. your cookie preference); and performance cookies which monitor usage of our Website. Some of these are session cookies which are temporary and allow us to link your actions during a single visit to our site, and which are erased when you close your browser. Others are persistent cookies which remain on your device for the period of time specified in the cookie (see below for details of how long these cookies persist).
What to do if you do not consent to cookie use:
If you wish to withdraw your consent to the use of necessary or functional cookies you will have to block these cookies separately through your internet browser settings for each browser you use. You can also use your browser settings to remove any cookies that we have already set on your device. Please be aware that some of our services will not function if your browser does not accept necessary or functional cookies.
The following links may assist you in managing your cookies settings, or you can use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details:
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cookies/en
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647 Google’s Privacy & Terms site
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Adobe (flash cookies): http://www.adobe.com/security/flashplayer/articles/lso/
Other general information about cookies:
The following links contain further information about cookies:
Table of cookies used on our website:
- Cookie Title Cookie name/ Purpose /Description/Duration Essential Cookies ‘easyhotel-api’/website functionality/stores details required for API/ during session only
- ‘eh user’/website functionality/ Stores user details/during session only
- ‘eh user’/website functionality/ Stores user details/during session only
- ‘eh_site_lang’/website functionality/Saves user location for region-specific language, currency and policy settings/during session only
- ‘ASPSESSIONID’/website performance/used to maintain an anonymised user session by the server/ during session only
- Non-Essential Cookies ‘ANID’/for advertising purposes/Google advertising cookie stored in google.com/ continuous
- ‘APISID’/ for targeted advertising/this cookie is generally set through the site by advertising partners, and used by them to build a profile of the website visitor’s interests/continuous
- ‘DV’/for targeted advertising/ this cookie is used to save the user’s preferences and other information/7 minutes
- ‘HSID’/for targeted advertising/ this cookies is owned by Google and builds a profile of the website visitor’s interests and shows relevant ads on other sites.
- ‘IDE’/for targeted advertising/Googles real time bidding advertising exchange/2 months
- ‘NID’/for targeted advertising/ this is used by Google to track users, profile the interests of web users and sell advertising space to organisations based on interest profiles, as well as aligning adverts to customers/6 months
- ‘OTZ’/for targeted advertising/this cookie provides aggregate analysis of website visitors/continuous
- ‘SAPISID’/for targeted advertising/this cookie is generally set through the website by advertising partners, and used by them to build a profile of the website visitor’s interests. This cookie works by uniquely identifying your browser and device/continuous
- ‘SID’/for targeted advertising/ this is a very common cookie likely to be used for session state management/continuous
- ‘ULLE’/for targeted advertising/ used by Google analytics to track website user behaviour/1 day
- ‘Secure-3PAPISID’/for targeted advertising/ this cookie is used to build a profile of the website visitor’s interests in order to show relevant and personalised Google advertising/2 years
- ‘Secure-3PSID’/for targeted advertising/ this cookie is used to build a profile of the website visitor’s interests in order to show relevant and personalised Google advertising/2 years
- ‘Secure-APISID’/for targeted advertising/ this cookie is used to build a profile of the website visitor’s interests in order to show relevant and personalised Google advertising/8 months
- ‘Secure-HSID’/for targeted advertising/this cookie is used for security purposes to store digitally signed and encrypted records of a user’s Google account ID and most recent sign in time, which allows Google to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protects user data from unauthorised parties. This can also be used for targeting purposes to show relevant and personalised advert content/2 years
- ‘Secure-SSID’/for targeted advertising/ this cookies is used for security purposes to store digitally signed and encrypted records of a user’s Google account ID and most recent sign in time/6 months
- ‘Duetto’/for targeting advertising/this cookie is used to generate pricing on the website/26 months
- ‘qca’/for targeted advertising/tracking of users and measures and improve website performance/3 months
- ‘fbp-Facebook’/for targeted advertising/ 3 months
- ‘ga-Google Analytics’/for website performance/this cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a customer identifier. By default it is set to expire after 2 years, although this is customisable by website owners/2 years
- ‘gcl au-Google AdSense’/for targeted advertising/this cookie is used by Google AdSense for experimenting with advertisement efficiency across websites using their services/continuous
- ‘gid-Google Analytics’/for website performance/this cookie is used to store and update a unique value for each page visited/continuous
- ‘pendo_accountld’/for targeted advertising/this cookie is used for marketing and promotional purposes/100 days
- ‘gid-Google Analytics’/for website performance/ this cookie is used for marketing and promotional purposes/ continuous
- ‘pendo_meta’/for targeted advertising/this cookie is used for marketing and promotional purposes/100 days
- ‘PENDO_VISITORLD’/for targeted advertising/ this cookie is used for marketing and promotional purposes’/100 days
- ‘ajs anonymous’/functionality purposes/this cookie is used for analytics and helps count how many people visit the website and tracks if you have visited before/1 year
- ‘ajs group id’/for targeted advertising/this cookie tracks visitor usage and events within the website/1 year
- ‘ajs user id’/for targeted advertising/this cookie helps track visitor usage, events, target marketing and can also measure application performance and stability/1 year
- ‘flight’/for targeted advertising/ this cookie is a Google tool for tracking conversations and creating audience lists/continuous
- ‘mc’/for targeted advertising/this cookie is usually used to track anonymous information about how website visitors use the site/continuous
- ‘utma’/for website performance/Google Analytics use this cookie to calculate new and returning visitor statistics/2 years
- ‘utmz’/for website performance/this cookie identifies the source of traffic to the website, so that Google Analytics can tell website owners where their visitors came from when arriving on the website/183 days
- ‘fe_typo_user’/for website functionality/this cookie allows the website to remember choices you make (such as your username, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced personal feature/7 days
- ‘utmc’/for website performance/this cookie is for Google Analytics to enable interoperability with the older Google Analytics code known as Urchin/during website session only
- ‘cuser’/for targeted advertising/this cookie is used to serve targeted advertising to its users when logged into its services/30 days
- ‘csm’/for targeted advertising/this is a Facebook cookie used to monitor user activity for targeted marketing/2 years
- ‘Presence’/for targeted advertising/cookie contains a “logged in” user “chat” state/expires within 24 hours
- ‘xs’/for targeted advertising/cookie used to maintain a session/30 days
- ‘uu’/for targeted advertising/ this is a unique user cookie for the collection of data on a specific user’s website behaviour/continuous
- Google; Google’s Privacy & Terms site
- Google Analytics
- Google AdSense.
Please note that the above mentioned third parties may be given access to the website for the purpose of setting cookies.
We do not accept any liability for the third party’s compliance with its legal obligations.